Re: Any other Thunderbird users have messages never post? (WAS: Hide slu

From: David Wright
Subject: Re: Any other Thunderbird users have messages never post? (WAS: Hide slur?)
Date: Thu, 19 Oct 2017 20:21:37 -0500

On Thu 19 Oct 2017 at 17:33:08 (+0200), Bernhard Kleine wrote:
> Am 19.10.2017 um 15:04 schrieb Wols Lists:
> > And again, I don't think it applies here, don't forget some lists will
> > look at the distribution list on the incoming mail, and not send the
> > outgoing message to those addresses. So you do not receive a copy of
> > your own emails.
> Actually I do receive my own mails with most of the list I am attached
> as well as with the lilypond-user list.

I regularly read reports where it's the sender's email system that
silently prunes postings that lists send back to the poster. But
this is secondhand information and wouldn't explain an occasional loss.

> > Has gmx sat on the mail for a while before sending it?
> I have never experienced such behaviour.

If you know that, then you presumably know where in the chain it
*is* delayed because you've examined the header. I've already deleted
the email(s) in question, but I did check your posts that I still have
(14), and all got from your client to my email provider in about 60
seconds except two (3 and 6 minutes) where the extra time was spent in
the bowels of gnu.org.

Cheers,
David.