lmi

Re: [lmi] Group quotes, part deux

From: Greg Chicares
Subject: Re: [lmi] Group quotes, part deux
Date: Mon, 16 May 2016 12:06:14 +0000

On 2016-05-13 13:21, Vadim Zeitlin wrote:
> On Fri, 13 May 2016 12:31:26 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:
[...]
> GC> - As you've pointed out, centering the amounts in the table means that
> GC> numbers of different magnitudes don't line up vertically. Right-justified
> GC> columns would be easier to read.

We'll keep it the way it is (centered).

> GC> - Totals and averages are formatted differently than tabular data: they
> GC> are right justified (which I think is good), but the dollar signs are
> GC> separated from the numbers and left justified (which seems unusual to me).
>
>  Those would be trivial to change and I can quickly implement whichever
> formatting you prefer.

We'd like to format totals and averages the same way as the amounts in the
table: dollar sign fused with the numbers, and centered. Would you please
provide a patch to make it so? (github's fine for that purpose.)

> GC> - If any of the six dollar-amount columns are hidden, the space they
> GC> would have occupied seems to be reallocated to the "Participant" column.
> GC> We might prefer to allocate some of this space to the dollar-amount
> GC> columns.
>
>  This one is slightly less so.

Let's defer that question a little longer. We'll print PDFs for various
scenarios and see how they look.