lmi

Re: [lmi] Migration to git

From: Vadim Zeitlin
Subject: Re: [lmi] Migration to git
Date: Sun, 22 May 2016 18:36:07 +0200

On Sun, 22 May 2016 11:07:02 +0000 Greg Chicares <address@hidden> wrote:

GC> I'm going to take one last look at everything before the initial push.

 I've just got back and after reading all your previous messages I don't
see anything to comment on so, indeed, I don't see any reason to delay
pushing your repository out any more.

 One thing not necessarily related to git I'd advise doing would be to add
a README.git or something like this to the svn repository to indicate that
it is obsolete and that the git one should be used instead, just to avoid
any confusion to whoever finds it in a few years time.

 Concerning email notifications, I'm still not sure how does this work on
Savannah and whether we have access to the hook scripts ourselves or if we
need to ask the site administrators to do anything with them. In the latter
case it's probably not worth the bother, but in the former I think it could
be nice to temporarily disable them for the initial push because even if it
results in only a 1MB email, it's still rather useless to send it.

 Thanks again for doing this!
VZ