lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Mercurial... or GIT

From: Kieran Mansley
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Mercurial... or GIT
Date: Sat, 13 Dec 2008 11:00:46 +0000

On Fri, 2008-12-12 at 16:15 -0200, Alain M. wrote:
> I even would say: why bother with anything different from GIT?

OK.  Thanks for everyone's comments.

The reason I didn't put git forward as a suggestion originally is
because I've never used it: all the projects I've been involved in have
used CVS or mercurial, for various reasons, rather than git.  i.e. git
has, from my perspective, the same problem that mercurial has from
yours.

Anyway, it seems like there is some resistance to changing, and even if
there weren't there is no consensus on what to change to, so we'll stick
to CVS for the time being.

I particularly don't want this to become an argument about which VCS is
"best", as there is no such thing, and it's not relevant to lwIP.

Thanks

Kieran