lwip-devel

Re: [lwip-devel] Mercurial

From: Mike Kleshov
Subject: Re: [lwip-devel] Mercurial
Date: Tue, 16 Dec 2008 09:21:09 +0300

2008/12/16 Alain M. <address@hidden>:
> By mere chance, I got this from kicad list:
>
> http://betterexplained.com/articles/intro-to-distributed-version-control-illustrated/
>
> At the bottom of the page, Linus Torvalds says that Mercurial is the only
> "not too bad" alternative, but that it is not relyable (1 hour video, very
> interesting)
>
> Alain

Although Linus Torvalds' words carry some weight, context is important
too. Perhaps, he meant to say that Mercurial would be 'not too bad'
for the Linux development model. He is hardly qualified to choose a
VCS for every software project out there. I would argue that for many
projects Subversion would be the perfect choice.
Anyway, given that there is no consensus, I think that 'if it ain't
broke, don't fix it' would be a healthy approach.

- mike