Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-24 performs great

From: Jörg Maisenbacher
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] 2.02-24 performs great
Date: Mon, 03 Mar 2003 18:09:59 +0100

address@hidden wrote:
> The problem might be that connections with SYN_RECV are not connected
> to the mldonkey binary and user. Therefore donitor may not be able to
> count them. As I wrote, the connections owned by the mldonkey process
> are within the limits here, too. Do you use your connection for
> surfing and other things too? Maybe it has to do with me having an
> ADSL connection but I am not sure about that.

You might be right, but the connections with SYN_RECV are from my donkey-user. But i only have 5 SYN_RECV, 9 LAST_ACK and 2 FIN_WAIT1 connections at my box. I'm also using ADSL ans the mldonkey-box is used as a NAT-device for the LAN.

(..digging donitor-scripts..)

You are right, donitor doesn't list these connections. But i don't think this connections were part of (my|the) problem. As i used donitor the whole time to monitor my open_connections. Already mentioned: donitor don't show SYN_RECV (and stuff), so the problem must have existed somewhere else.

There were times donitor shows >1000 connections. This is solved as it now only shows 200(+/-).

*/me is confused by own mail*

Dek

--
Dek <address@hidden>
   "There are only 10 types of people in the world: