Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03

From: Sergio Bayarri Gausi
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2003 23:15:56 +0100 (MET)

Hello,

> I don't know how far the user-management is going to go. Things I would
> appreciate (call this feature requests):
>
> *) $USER1 can only see _his_ downloads
>      (is not able to cancel $USER2's downloads)
> *) 'commit' commits only $USER's downloads
> *) $USER can't change options
> *) $USER can add servers, but not disconnect from them
> *) $USER can see all 'showing only' things.
[...]

This is a very good idea, and would let people share the mldonkey client
running on a multiuser environment like Linux is. For example, I'd like
that my sister use mldonkey on the Linux server we have at home, instead
of using emule on her own computer. But I don't trust her
commiting/cancelling files... Or checking all the pr0n being downloaded!
:P

But both of us would benefit from using the mldonkey client instead of
"dividing forces" between mldonkey and emule :)

Greetings,

Sergio