Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03

From: fr1end4u
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] User Management in 2.03
Date: Wed, 12 Mar 2003 02:25:33 +0100

MLdonkey wrote:
>> > I don't know how far the user-management is going to go. Things I would
>> > appreciate (call this feature requests):
>> >
>> > *) $USER1 can only see _his_ downloads
>> >      (is not able to cancel $USER2's downloads)
>> > *) 'commit' commits only $USER's downloads
>> > *) $USER can't change options
>> > *) $USER can add servers, but not disconnect from them
>> > *) $USER can see all 'showing only' things.

> Should it be copied in two different incoming directories ?

Despite the fact that this needs some disk space, i think it would be
the best solution. If it would be moved to some kind of "common incoming"
directory, another problem arises: Who owns that file and *has the right
to delete it*?

> Should the two users commit it for it to be
> really moved ?

What about:
- any user can commit that file
- the other users downloading that file get a email, something like
   "file xxx was already commited by someone else, you'll probably find it
    in your incoming directory now"

> What happens if one of the two users abort it ?

The user who aborted the file could be removed from the list of owners for
that download, and the download is only aborted when the one who aborts it is
the
only owner for that download.

What do you think?

regards