Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Multi-network download

From: Traumflug
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Re: Multi-network download
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 23:47:18 +0100

... to answer myself: It works. Two chunks completed with less than a meg of download already.

Am 08.02.2004 um 22:21 schrieb Traumflug:

Am 08.02.2004 um 19:06 schrieb Sven Hartge:

Traumflug <address@hidden> wrote:

Apart from the 0/1/2 display mldonkey does not save downloaded areas
but saves *not* downloaded areas in
     file_absent_chunks = [
      (0, 68096000);}
That means that data is missing from file offset 0 - 68096000 bytes.

Anybody knows off head what happens if I insert absent chunks smaller
than 9.5 MB here?

mldonkey will resume the chunk from that byte and hash the chunk upon
completion.

Thanks for the info, Sven. Fortunately, Azureus seems to zero out chunks yet to download. So I did something along these lines:

mkdir bla
cd bla
# Note that bittorrent can use different chunk sizes. 256 KB here.
dd if=/dev/zero of=empty bs=262144 count=1
split -b 262144 /path/to/Azureus/shares/myfile
let count=0; for F in x* y* z*; do \
  if cmp -s empty $F; then \
    echo -n "($count,"; let count=$count+262144; echo " $count);"; \
  else \
    let count=$count+262144;
  fi;
done
cd ..
rm -r bla
# Due to coder's lazieness this generates more than one entry for
# consecutive zeroed chunks.

cd /path/to/MLdonkey
cp files.ini files.ini.bak
vi files.ini
# Replace the file_absent_chunks list with the above generated one.
# Collapse the multiple entries when doing so.

cp /path/to/MLdonkey/temp/3H5DE... /tmp
cp /path/to/Azureus/shares/myfile /path/to/MLdonkey/temp/3H5DE...

Well - it seems to work - at least partially. Immediately after mlnet's relaunch, the download was indicated as 86.9 % complete. No idea why not all the 96.6 %. mlnet insists on adding an additional entry in the file_absent_chunks list, one which makes about 10 % of the file size.

Wether the chunks are accepted when completed - we'll see.

Have fun,