Re: [Mldonkey-users] Multi-network download

From: Traumflug
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Multi-network download
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 18:53:52 +0100

Am 08.02.2004 um 16:11 schrieb Martin:

Whats quite possible is that the last missing 3.4% are spread over many chunks (even 1 byte missing could make a whole chunk corrupted) - so as azureus chunks are 256kb and edonkey-chunks are 9.5MB this effect could render more data useless (=not downloaded) on mldonkey than on azureus.

Yepp. Exactly. This renders 70% of the file as useless.

Apart from the 0/1/2 display mldonkey does not save downloaded areas but saves *not* downloaded areas in
     file_absent_chunks = [
      (0, 68096000);}
That means that data is missing from file offset 0 - 68096000 bytes.

Anybody knows off head what happens if I insert absent chunks smaller than 9.5 MB here?

I'll have to dig a little deeper here...

Cheers,