Re: [Mldonkey-users] Multi-network download

From: Martin
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Multi-network download
Date: Sun, 8 Feb 2004 16:11:23 +0100

Traumflug wrote...
> The other direction becomes more difficult. So I stopped mldonkey,
> deleted files.ini, copied the 96.6 % download from Azureus over the
> mldonkey temp file, restarted mldonkey, did a scan_temp and
> recover_temp. After some minutes, mldonkey recognised four chunks as
> being complete. Four *sigh*. This makes about 25 % or 70 % download
> lost.

hmm...this should not happen unless the file was modified. mldonkey
should recover all complete chunks. Whats quite possible is that the
last missing 3.4% are spread over many chunks (even 1 byte missing
could make a whole chunk corrupted) - so as azureus chunks are 256kb
and edonkey-chunks are 9.5MB this effect could render more data
useless (=not downloaded) on mldonkey than on azureus.

> So the question is, how whould you tell mldonkey about partial
> downloaded chunks? I can see the 0/1/2 notation in the single file
> view, but can't find an equivalent somewhere in the .ini files.
> mldonkey does remember it somewhere since partial downloaded chunks
> survive a mldonkey restart (unlike Azureus).

Apart from the 0/1/2 display mldonkey does not save downloaded areas
but saves *not* downloaded areas in
     file_absent_chunks = [
      (0, 68096000);}
That means that data is missing from file offset 0 - 68096000 bytes.
(at least afaik)