[Mldonkey-users] Latest CVS better than ever?

From: Traumflug
Subject: [Mldonkey-users] Latest CVS better than ever?
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 16:06:19 +0100

Hello Gentlemen,

today, after building a mlnet with fresh CVS source, I expereince some unusual behaviour.

The bad news:

- "Downloads" and "Bandwidth stats" don't match at all any longer. Until now, they were roughly equivalent.

- Even with the "Downloaders" list empty, "Downloads" shows a rate > 0 for one or more files. Clicking on this file (HTTP-GUI) doesn't show a source either but the file size increases nevertheless.

- After waiting long enough, those files with 0 sources even complete successfully.

The good news:

- mlnet can download at a constant rate now. Especially with such an ambiguous source which shows up nowhere, downloads are very constant and can last for several hours. With previous versions, downloading more than a few megs, rarely a whole chunk, at once was never seen on my 64kbit line.

So, did mlnet stop to stumble across it's own feet? :-)

Cheers,

P.S.: It's an observation as of today, mlnet appears to behave very different on different days so far ...