Re: [Mldonkey-users] Now that Filenexus, Sharereactor and Jigle are gone

From: Curtis Magyar
Subject: Re: [Mldonkey-users] Now that Filenexus, Sharereactor and Jigle are gone
Date: Sat, 20 Mar 2004 10:36:23 -0600

On Sat, 2004-03-20 at 17:17 +0100, kami petersen wrote:

> so what's the point of the plugin? we didn't need a plugin to access
> shareractor.

The point is: Sharereactor is gone.  If it were to exist published
anonymously, this wouldn't be happening, and we wouldn't be having this
discussion.

> great idea! have you actuall tried doing anything with freenet? just
> because everybody want's it to work doesn't mean it does.
>
> you could set up such a site on freenet with ed2k://'s today, but using
> freenet currently (and in foreseable future) is as much a time waste as
> it is reading through these periodic naive, ignorant
> "i-propose-a-new-plugin-that-makes-everything-invisble"-mails to this
> list and the forums.
>
> curtis, this is not so much about you, as it is about a whole set of
> dreamers and vaporware-hackers who would be better accomodated over at
> zeropaid.com.

Yes, I have tried doing things with freenet.  Freenet does work, and has
for quite some time now.  My point was exactly that, that I don't
propose a new plug that reinvents the wheel.  Make use of what is
currently out there.

Call me a dreamer and vaporware hacker if you want, but I'd rather be
that than a nay-sayer who sits around and does nothing while the sites
we get our ed2k links from disappear one by one.

If you don't like my idea, move on and go read Slashdot or something.
If you have something useful to add to the discussion though, by all
means reply.

--
Curtis