Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped versus botan

From: Markus Wanner
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped versus botan
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 13:09:26 +0100

Hi,

Zack Weinberg wrote:
> I'm pretty happy with .stripped.  I was able to muck out an incredible
> amount of gunk from the configure script, and if we get rid of netxx
> even more can go.  The binary's smaller, the build is faster, and the
> Debian security team will be happy with us.  What remains to be done
> before we can land it?

Thank you very much for cleaning up the autoconf stuff, that indeed
looks pretty clean now. Thanks as well for tracking down and fixing the

[ The only thing I'm missing now is the version information during
configure. I.e. what version of botan, pcre, idna, ..  I'm going to
compile against. ]

As we now expect nvm.stripped to compile and run on most of the
supported systems, I think we should land nvm.stripped in about a week,
given further testing succeeds. Or is landing it on nvm potentially
hindering anybody from doing something important on nvm?

> Folks with exotic systems (non-Linux, non-*BSD) might wanna check what
> I did to the configure script, btw.  I might have been overoptimistic.
> :-/

I haven't tested much on my systems, but will do so within the next few
days.

Regards

Markus Wanner