Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped versus botan

From: Zack Weinberg
Subject: Re: [Monotone-devel] Re: nvm.stripped versus botan
Date: Sun, 25 Jan 2009 19:12:18 -0800

On Sun, Jan 25, 2009 at 4:09 AM, Markus Wanner <address@hidden> wrote:
> Thank you very much for cleaning up the autoconf stuff, that indeed
> looks pretty clean now. Thanks as well for tracking down and fixing the
>
> [ The only thing I'm missing now is the version information during
> configure. I.e. what version of botan, pcre, idna, ..  I'm going to
> compile against. ]

Unfortunately it is not practical to make the configure script print
this information, because it's hidden away behind the pkg-config API.
The output of "mtn version --full" is dumped into the log files for
the test suite; might that be good enough?  If not, when would you
like to see this reported?

> As we now expect nvm.stripped to compile and run on most of the
> supported systems, I think we should land nvm.stripped in about a week,
> given further testing succeeds.

I have no objection to this plan, provided no horrible breakage turns
up in the next few days.

zw