Re: [Biocatalogue-support] [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: Web service

From: Bertram Ludaescher
Subject: Re: [Biocatalogue-support] [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: Web service
Date: Mon, 20 Jul 2009 09:05:56 -0700

Hi:

I'm looking for examples of bioinformatics web services that return "complex XML", i.e., which don't
-- ... return a single text result, thinly wrapped inside an XML envelope, nor
-- ... return a number of such results (as attribute/value pairs, with string values).

Are there such web services out there? I'm thinking e.g. of a web service that returns a list of results, each of which corresponds then to an XML element. The results themselves might be structured and have further sub-elements.

Any pointers / references most welcome!

thanks

Bertram