Re: [Biocatalogue-support] [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: Web service

From: Franck Tanoh
Subject: Re: [Biocatalogue-support] [Myexperiment-discuss] Re: Web service
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 17:24:17 +0100

These NCBI services have a very complex structure:
http://www.biocatalogue.org/services?p=[eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov]

documentation here:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query/static/eutils_help.html
http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/query/static/esoap_help.html

Franck

2009/7/21 Carole Goble <address@hidden>
Bertram

the caBIG services return complex XML results.
Stian Soiland-Reyes <address@hidden>
Alexandra Nenadic <address@hidden>

can give you the insights

Carole
Hi:

I'm looking for examples of bioinformatics web services that return
"complex XML", i.e., which don't
-- ... return a single text result, thinly wrapped inside an XML
envelope, nor
-- ... return a number of such results (as attribute/value pairs, with
string values).

Are there such web services out there? I'm thinking e.g. of a web
service that returns a list of results, each of which corresponds then
to an XML element. The results themselves might be structured and have
further sub-elements.

Any pointers / references most welcome!

thanks

Bertram