nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Announcement: HowTo for CMF and Localizer

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Announcement: HowTo for CMF and Localizer
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 18:23:26 +0200

Florent Guillaume wrote:

Juan David Ibáñez Palomar wrote:

There's a branch in Localizer (named "branch-zpt-i18n") for these
purposes. Nothing has been done there yet, but yesterday I added
Florent Guillaume as developer of the LLEU project, he's interested
to contribute in this area, as is Jean-Paul Smets and myself. If
somebody else wants to help just tell me.

As nothing has been committed in that branch yet, I think I'll remove it
and recreate it branching from HEAD, to lose nothing of recent changes.
The old one will be branch-zpt-i18n-old just in case.

Ok.

(Speaking of branching: when one creates a branch, it's good to have a
branch tag _and_ a non-branch tag at the same point:
 cvs tag -b foo-branch
 cvs tag foo-branch-base
to be able to do diffs easily.)

Ok.

Otherwise I have a question about the current patching of TAL in
__init__: what's the purpose of inserting del self._stream_write in
several functions? Is it to prevent leaks? Or to trigger something?
Should those fixes be ported to Zope CVS?

This patch (which is to support unicode in ZPT) replaces the
instance variable _stream_write by the method _stream_write.
There're several places in the TALInterpreter code that sets
this instance variable, so I've to remove it, otherwise it
would take precedence over my method.

Zope should support unicode in ZPT (it doesn't in 2.6, maybe
it does in 2.7). Unfortunately my patch can be applied because
it depends on the GlobalRequest patch, which has been rejected
by Jim in the past. Well, maybe not all the patch can be applied,
but there're some bits that could be included.

On the schedule side of things: Juan David, can you give me 2-3 days to
test that current Localizer plays well with 2.7, before releasing 0.9.1?
It would be a pity to have something that breaks with 2.7.

I was going to do it right now, but ok, I'll wait 2-3 days.

Regards,

--
J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software