nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Announcement: HowTo for CMF and Localizer

From: Juan David Ibáñez Palomar
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Announcement: HowTo for CMF and Localizer
Date: Sat, 07 Sep 2002 18:43:38 +0200

Florent Guillaume wrote:

Myroslav Opyr  <address@hidden> wrote:
Not exactly Plone folks. Zope guys are backportin i18n from Zope3 to Zope 2 architecture. It is expected to be in Zope 2.7 (or 2.8). Plone is being developed with focused approach. They needed i18n in PT. Existing PT did not satisfied needs because of poor extensibility of namespaces. Thus AltPT project appeared. And AltPT-i18n plugin Product.AltPT are slower right now but there's much space for improvements. And AltPT are working for Plone right now, that is what was necessary for Plone i18n effort to explode. Plone is being translated in tenth languages right now.

I too needs i18n in PT, but I don't think branching another brand new
implementation of TAL&PT is the right way. Sure, it's great hack value,
but considering that the i18n of Zope 2.7 today is already working, I am
using it (and with Plone, too).

If my memory doesn't fails AltPT is the work of Lalo Martins,
I didn't knew it was already in production.

I don't think the goal of Lalo is just i18n, but I agree that
for Localizer the focus is Zope 2.7, not AltPT.

Today or tomorrow I'll be putting together code that makes it possible
to use 2.7 TAL&PT with Localizer, and a translation_service tool that
2.7 i18n can use and that plugs into Localizer's message catalogs.

Oh BTW, while I think of it: is anyone opposed to putting CMFLocalizer's
filesystem message catalog into Localizer itself? It would help having
everything in the same place.

I'm not opposed, as far as Localizer continues working without
the CMF. Actually, it would be very nice.

If it's included I also want to see a clear separation between
the CMF related stuff and the rest. I'd create a "cmf" directory
within Localizer and put there everything that depends on the
CMF.

If you want to do that you can do it in a new branch or in the
branch for zpt-i18n, as you prefer.

Regards,
--

J. David Ibáñez, http://www.j-david.net
Software Engineer / Ingénieur Logiciel / Ingeniero de Software