nuxeo-localizer

Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Announcement: HowTo for CMF and Localizer

From: Florent Guillaume
Subject: Re: [Nuxeo-localizer] Announcement: HowTo for CMF and Localizer
Date: Sat, 7 Sep 2002 15:45:42 +0000 (UTC)

Myroslav Opyr  <address@hidden> wrote:
> Not exactly Plone folks. Zope guys are backportin i18n from Zope3 to
> Zope 2 architecture. It is expected to be in Zope 2.7 (or 2.8). Plone is
> being developed with focused approach. They needed i18n in PT. Existing
> PT did not satisfied needs because of poor extensibility of namespaces.
> Thus AltPT project appeared. And AltPT-i18n plugin Product.AltPT are
> slower right now but there's much space for improvements. And AltPT are
> working for Plone right now, that is what was necessary for Plone i18n
> effort to explode. Plone is being translated in tenth languages right now.

I too needs i18n in PT, but I don't think branching another brand new
implementation of TAL&PT is the right way. Sure, it's great hack value,
but considering that the i18n of Zope 2.7 today is already working, I am
using it (and with Plone, too).

Today or tomorrow I'll be putting together code that makes it possible
to use 2.7 TAL&PT with Localizer, and a translation_service tool that
2.7 i18n can use and that plugs into Localizer's message catalogs.

Oh BTW, while I think of it: is anyone opposed to putting CMFLocalizer's
filesystem message catalog into Localizer itself? It would help having
everything in the same place.

Florent
+33 1 40 33 79 87  http://nuxeo.com  mailto:address@hidden