pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Single-click in 0.13.2.90

From: Ajax
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Single-click in 0.13.2.90
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2002 18:51:56 -0800

On Fri, Nov 22, 2002 at 04:15:57PM -0800, Charles Kerr wrote:

> Interesting, looks like single-click-selects was a global feature whose
> reason for existence was to fill a small, specific need:
>
>    "Don't pop up that damn save-as dialog when I'm selecting binaries.''
>
> Is this right?  If so, I'd rather code Pan to know not to pop up the
> save-as dialog when clicking on binaries than add the single-click-selects
> option back in.

    I exclusively use the tabbed view.  When starting with a long list,
say on the "Groups" tab, I want to use the page up and down keys.
Before I can do that I need to click on a group line to get the cursor
placed, but if "single click" selects, I'm jumping in to that groups
message listings (and if that group has 100K+ messages this may take a
while).  Sometimes I'm just clicking on a group list to do other things
from the pull down menus and don't want to jump to the message
listings.

    When viewing on the "Headers" tab, I seldom want the message I click
on to open immediately.  I'm either selecting a group of messages, or I'll
right click and choose read message.

    I really like the ability to choose whether or not "single_click"
selects.  This allows different users to tailor the program to their
needs, rather than the other way around.

Ajax