pan-users

[Pan-users] Re: Re: Display of posts by date ?

From: Duncan
Subject: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Display of posts by date ?
Date: Mon, 22 May 2006 23:20:41 +0000 (UTC)

John Fitzsimons <address@hidden> posted
address@hidden, excerpted below, on  Tue, 23
May 2006 07:35:52 +1000:

> Hopefully I could set the expiry for about 100 years.  :-)
>
> Any idea why there isn't simply a "do not delete old posts from newsgroup"
> setting ?

In that case, you want the new pan-0.9x series.  0.14.x as you say is
honestly likely to be more of a pain than it's worth, for your usage.  0.98
is the newest of the weeklies. It's still got a few warts/bugs, but it's
getting dramatically more stable now and is to the point where folks
interested in stable can at least start considering it.

With 0.9x, as I said, each news server has its own expiry setting, and
yes, one of the choices IS not to expire /at/ /all/, so that looks to be
what you are interested in.

As for date filters there, as I said, I haven't played with them yet on
0.9x.  I'll probably get into that stuff (and possibly find some more bugs
since I too seem to use PAN in ways others don't) later this week.