pan-users

Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Display of posts by date ?

From: John Fitzsimons
Subject: Re: [Pan-users] Re: Re: Re: Display of posts by date ?
Date: Wed, 24 May 2006 00:03:48 +1000

At 09:51 AM 23/05/06 +0000, you wrote:
>John Fitzsimons <address@hidden> posted

Hi Duncan,

< snip >

>Once you get the hang of using the INVERT button, and how to use the
ALL
>OF vs ANY OF vs NONE OF distinctions, given the available conditions
>choose from, the custom filters can be more powerful than you might
>otherwise expect.  The problem many people have is that they can't
get the
>hang of the invert button, and don't understand the distinction
between
>ANY OF and ALL OF.  If folks can't figure out those functions, then
the
>offered conditions look extremely limited, because it appears they
can't
>be negated and that there's no way to do an OR match rather than an
AND
>match.  Once you figure out the inversion and the OR/AND match
logic, the
>rest is easy and the combination is very powerful.

I got the first filter working fine. I appear to have done something
wrong with the second though. I may look at it again tomorrow.
Especially in view of the above comments.

Unfortunately, as I suspected, I cannot install .9x etc. It needs
G.T.K. 2.8.15. That fails to install on 98SE.

With no upgrade path for me it looks like Pan might not be best for
me after all. :-(  Thanks however for your help.

Regards, John.