pdf-devel

[pdf-devel] Re: Checking for makeinfo in configure

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: [pdf-devel] Re: Checking for makeinfo in configure
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 17:44:58 +0100

  I did a fresh checkout of the project today and during the compilation
  process I got an error when looking for the makeinfo utility. I think the
  compilation of the documentation should be set to optional when calling
  configure (--enable-doc=yes or whatever), or, if it's going to be always
  compiled, at least check the availability of the makeinfo utility with
  AC_CHECK_PROG. What do you think?

Would be good to add the --enable-doc option having =yes as the
default. Additionally we should check for the availability of makeinfo
if the documentation build is enabled.

Can you prepare a patch for this?

Sure.

Is it true that not only makeinfo, but also texi2html are needed for compiling the documentation? It seems that a choice between both is done at configure level, but I see no specific makeinfo commands in the Makefile generated in the 'doc' directory, if makeinfo is selected instead of texi2html. The question is, are both utilities needed? or just one of them?