pdf-devel

Re: [pdf-devel] Re: Checking for makeinfo in configure

From: Aleksander Morgado
Subject: Re: [pdf-devel] Re: Checking for makeinfo in configure
Date: Wed, 19 Dec 2007 09:47:24 +0100

   Is it true that not only makeinfo, but also texi2html are needed for

Unless you have specific reasons to use texi2html (like you want to
customize the output beyond what makeinfo can do), it is preferable to
use makeinfo --html.

  I did a fresh checkout of the project today and during the compilation
  process I got an error when looking for the makeinfo utility. I think

Most GNU packages require makeinfo when installing from source, just
like they require autoconf and so on.  Is it such a trouble?

I am compiling the project in Mac OS X, and  I had to install explicitly texinfo and texi2html packages, just that.
The thing is that when any of the prerequisites is not available, I was expecting an error at configure level, not when compiling. Seems just a formal issue.