Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] My ISP

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [Phpgroupware-developers] My ISP
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2003 02:05:56 +0000

Bob Crandell (address@hidden) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I'm setting up a phpGroupWare version 0.9.14.512 demo site for my local ISP.
> He
> really likes it.  So far I haven't run into any show stoppers which is a good
> thing.
>  Yes?

yes!  a few details and .16 will be ready for prime time. Most people can use
it as is right now, it's quite stable.

> What I would like to see is the ability to copy a group.  For example, set up
> the
> Default group just the way you like it.  Now copy it to other groups.  Make a
> few,
> if any, changes and just add users.

hm, a group can belong to another group right?

> Adding users with the phpGroupWare interface should add a Linux user.
> Deleting a
> user should have the _option_ of deleting that user's home directory.  I seem
> have a vague recollection of someone asking about this in the distant past.

This is a whole lot harder than it sounds, but I have a working add-on in the
shadows which does exactly this.  I'll tidy it up as soon as I finish an
unrelated project and put it in CVS.

> Oh yeah, you should be able to associate an email domain with a group.

I don't know what this means