Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] New developers (Was: Nested db-objects)

From: Chris Weiss
Subject: Re: [phpGroupWare-developers] New developers (Was: Nested db-objects)
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 19:14:56 -0500

On Mon, May 26, 2008 at 3:26 PM, Sigurd Nes <address@hidden> wrote:
> My problem is that my code base is huge - and I can't keep up with rapid
> changes in what is considered proper coding at all time.

the only change to the coding that standards that has even been
proposed in the last 5 years or more was the line lengths.  We've had
a coding standards doc since very early, and IMO the separation of
logic and storage is clear, but it's been ignored and allowed to go
unchallenged, much to my frustration every time i do try to work on
some code.

However, as an example of how "no tolerance" affects smaller teams,
the eGW fork is directly related to putting a foot down on not
following the design goals and standards.  Joomla being a CMS has a
large enough demand that they can afford to do this.  We do it and
loose half the team.