Re: SV: [phpGroupWare-developers] Nested db-objects

From: Maât
Subject: Re: SV: [phpGroupWare-developers] Nested db-objects
Date: Mon, 26 May 2008 10:52:14 +0200

Sigurd Nes a écrit :
Lol - it's nice to start the day with a joke :)
thanks

I'm very grateful for your kind offer

Could you BOTH , please, please, stop duelling like this ?

We need to move, we need to produce an alpha and then betas and hopefully a stable release

We need to show the world that phpgw is not dead

We need to give the world a nice phpgw and we need to let the world know that things are evolving

We need to attract new contributors, and for that we also need to set up a fun-to-code atmosphere

Could you stop just five minutes this childish game and try to find a win-win solution for everybody ?

What's wrong with the idea of accepting TEMPORARILY sigurd patch for branching and alpha tag then working all together to have this feature cleaned for first beta tag ?

What's wrong with the idea of letting Sigurd give an estimation of the time he would need instead of deciding for him ?

Do you BOTH really prefer a loose-loose solution ?

Sigurd : Could you accept, if the option i'm pleading for is choosen, to review and fix in a reasonable time the db cloning in property so that it complies with demanded quality criterias ? (ie : db cloning removed or remains exceptional)

Dave : Could you try to soften a little bit your team management communication and give people a chance to prove their good will ?

How can you all hope to see phpgw gain new contributors and new audience if nobody want to make an effort to improve all that need to be improved ?

We can see things change and improve... but the first requirement to see that happen is to want it !

sorry regards,

Maât