Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch] Quilt support for committing patches to CVS.

From: Joe Green
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch] Quilt support for committing patches to CVS.
Date: Wed, 11 Aug 2004 11:15:31 -0700

Dean Roehrich wrote:
And while I'm not familiar with CVS, it looks like it does not need to be told
about files that quilt patches are going to modify or create.  This puts CVS
on a slightly different model than the two SCMs I mentioned above.

Not necessarily. If used with the CVS_READ environment variable or with the "-r" global option, cvs creates workspace files in readonly state. It's best to do "cvs edit" before assuming a workspace file can be modified.

--
Joe Green <address@hidden>
MontaVista Software, Inc.