Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch] Quilt support for committing patches to CVS.

From: Joe Green
Subject: Re: [Quilt-dev] [patch] Quilt support for committing patches to CVS.
Date: Thu, 12 Aug 2004 10:19:38 -0700

Andreas Gruenbacher wrote:
I'm using quilt plus patches in CVS; personally I've never really missed
CVS integration: Adding new patches manually takes an insignificant
amount of time compared to creating/reviewing patches, and CVS warns
about files that are not part of the repository, anyway.

No, it's true that it's more of a convenience than a necessity. If it had turned out to be very complex to build in CVS support I might not have bothered, but it was pretty simple, and it is nice to be able to do everything from quilt.

The "commit" command is handy mostly because it can do some quilt-specific sanity checks (e.g. make sure patches have been refreshed).

--
Joe Green <address@hidden>
MontaVista Software, Inc.