self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] Self-Platform Updates (Tentative Version Control UI)

From: Bipin S Apandkar
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] Self-Platform Updates (Tentative Version Control UI)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 18:28:28 +0530 (IST)

hi all,

Please Visit the following url:

        http://cselfish.selfplatform.eu:8081/selfplatform/lessonsview?ssid=955

Test Following things at given URL:

        Important Note: right now we have done with version management for
        "Content" objects only.

        1. Add Lesson

        2. You can Edit Lesson. In Edit Lesson there are two actions such
        as "Save" and "Publish".

        Difference between these two actions is that: if you say "Save"
        then new version of given object(Lesson) gets created but it ll
        be visible only for the user who is the creator of it.

        If you say "Publish", then the object(Lesson) ll be visible to
        anonymous user as wel as logged in user.

        3. to view the versions of an object first click on the object in
        the "Left-pane" and the click on the "Version" tab at right-pane.

        4. Version tab ll show the version hierarchy for a given object.
        You can also perform Edit and view operation in that interface.

        5. Version tree interpretation is as follows:

                * Newly created version always come under its parent
                version.

                  V0.1

                     -V0.2

                          -V1.0(if you say commit to V0.2)

if you have any suggestion please email us.

Version Management for Courses has not yet completed we still are working on it. As soon as it gets completed we ll send an updates.

Thank You,

-- Bipin A.

   / / |   address@hidden  | \ \