self-platform-dev

Re: [Self-platform-dev] Re: [teg] Self-Platform Updates (Tentative Versi

From: Wouter Tebbens
Subject: Re: [Self-platform-dev] Re: [teg] Self-Platform Updates (Tentative Version Control UI)
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 13:12:54 +0100

Federico Heinz wrote:
1) As instructed to do by Bipin, I go to
   <http://cselfish.selfplatform.eu:8081/selfplatform/lessonsview?ssid=955>
And login (as selfuser), as Bipin instructed. But still I get the same error as Federico reported.
On a somewhat related note: are there others who, like me, think that the
current interface design is very wasteful in terms of screen real estate, with
those *HUGE* gray margins? I feel this is strongly detrimental of usability.
I agree fully, and this has been suggested several times to Niyam. Some quick wins that come to mind: 1. maximize screen utilisation by extending the left and right panels to the bottom of the screen. So we avoid - or reduce - scrolling. 2. reduce the grey margins in vertical direction between the left margin and the left panel, between both panels and between right panel and right margin. 3. I remember that we had the resize button to change the sizes (width) of the right and left panels. I suppose this will be implemented later?

On the other hand it must be noted that our current priority is now to implement the versioning and branches properly. After implementing the main featureset I suggest we plan for an improved UI design and implementation.

Best,

Wouter