self-platform-dev

[Self-platform-dev] Re: [teg] Self-Platform Updates (Tentative Version C

From: Nagarjuna G.
Subject: [Self-platform-dev] Re: [teg] Self-Platform Updates (Tentative Version Control UI)
Date: Thu, 14 Feb 2008 10:46:39 -0500

On Thu, Feb 14, 2008 at 7:58 AM, Bipin S Apandkar <address@hidden> wrote:

hi all,

Please Visit the following url:

       http://cselfish.selfplatform.eu:8081/selfplatform/lessonsview?ssid=955

Test Following things at given URL:

       Important Note: right now we have done with version management for
        "Content" objects only.

       1. Add Lesson

       2. You can Edit Lesson. In Edit Lesson there are two actions such
       as "Save" and "Publish".

       Difference between these two actions is that: if you say "Save"
       then new version of given object(Lesson) gets created but it ll
       be visible only for the user who is the creator of it.

       If you say "Publish", then the object(Lesson) ll be visible to
       anonymous user as wel as logged in user.

I cannot see a link to the published versions of other users.  Please check.

       5. Version tree interpretation is as follows:

               * Newly created version always come under its parent
               version.

                 V0.1

                     -V0.2

                          -V1.0(if you say commit to V0.2)

As long as the changes are linear, it is better to show them as follows:

[-] 0.0 - 0.1 - 0.2  -1.0 - 1.1 2.0
[-] 1.3 - 1.4 - 1.5 - 3.0

Then we can have only one line for each branch.  Let me know what others think.  Every change is now appearing as a branch.

Nagarjuna