Re: [Simulavr-devel] avrtest and simulavr vs simulavrxx

From: Klaus Rudolph
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] avrtest and simulavr vs simulavrxx
Date: Wed, 11 Mar 2009 15:34:03 +0100

I looked in the core_avr_dump.core

I dislike it!

1)
eeprom section missing

2)
actually we have no register names in simulavrxx. It is not a big deal to add them, but I think that is wasting the code a bit. If we have this text file only as an intermediate step, we change a lot of code and drop it later.

3)
writing to an elf give all these informations and you can use it also for other purpose without any scripting in between.

If users actually use a script to read this textfile, they also can use a script to read an elf file. I think this could not be a problem.

As Eric wrote the avrlibc is "the" user of simulavr in the moment and so you have the control over all the scripts.

I vote for an elf file :-)