Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example

From: Michael N. Moran
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example
Date: Fri, 27 Mar 2009 17:16:41 -0400

Joel Sherrill wrote:
But at this point I don't seem to be able to
get the UART data I am transmitting to show up
in the "simfeedback.tcl" program.  It is getting
events but the data is printed as 0.

Yesterday, I was struggling to debug simulavrxx
as realized by the "examples/spi/check.tcl."

The best I could do is attach with GDB *after*
starting the simulation with the TCL script.
That doesn't give me much control over the
debugging process, however.

This has made me consider duplicating TCL script
component "wiring" using a straight forward C++
main file for debugging purposes.

I am sure
it is my ignorance of the Net connection scheme.

Funny you should mention Net connections. There
was I time a few years ago that I understood their
operation, but after looking at the code for a
few minutes last night I'm as clueless as ever.
This is an area where I was looking while trying
to get the SPI example working.

Maybe I'll get a large enough block of time this
weekend to have a look. Something to do during
the rain ;)

--
Michael N. Moran           (h) 770 516 7918
5009 Old Field Ct.         (c) 678 521 5460

"So often times it happens, that we live our lives in chains
 and we never even know we have the key."
"Already Gone" by Jack Tempchin (recorded by The Eagles)

The Beatles were wrong: 1 & 1 & 1 is 1