Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example

From: Knut Schwichtenberg
Subject: Re: [Simulavr-devel] Help with New Example
Date: Sun, 29 Mar 2009 18:30:51 +0200

Joel Sherrill wrote:
> Great.  Now you are as far as I am.  Did the "simfeedback.tcl" show
> up in an xterm and print messages which look like it is getting the
> events but no data from the UART?
Something like this? :-)

New Connection on Simulation Feedback Server established!
Socket: sock4  from Address 127.0.0.1  and port 36017
FDBK RECV: --->create UpdateControl dummy dummy <---
FDBK CREATE: UpdateControl dummy ::guiMaster_sock4 dummy dummy
FDBK RECV: --->create Net txD0 .x <---
FDBK CREATE: Net txD0 ::guiMaster_sock4 txD0 .x
FDBK RECV: --->create Net rxD0 .x <---
FDBK CREATE: Net rxD0 ::guiMaster_sock4 rxD0 .x
FDBK RECV: --->create SerialRx serialRx0 .x<---
FDBK CREATE: SerialRx serialRx0 ::guiMaster_sock4 serialRx0 .x
FDBK RECV: --->create SerialTx serialTx0 .x<---
FDBK CREATE: SerialTx serialTx0 ::guiMaster_sock4 serialTx0 .x
FDBK RECV: --->set rxD0 h<---
FDBK SET: rxD0 ChangeValue h
FDBK RECV: --->set txD0 h<---
FDBK SET: txD0 ChangeValue h

> The old checkdebug was attaching to the avr program.  Not
> the simulator itself.  The new simulavr.tcl should be able to
> do that but doesn't start the gdb in another window yet.
> It will get there eventually.
??? working with simulavr.tcl is a three window job:
1. / Original window
Where you start the simulavr.tcl, shows the special port print-outs.

2. simfeedback.tcl
The FDBK-messages as above

3. AVR GDB feedback
gdb window

Is this as you expect it or works your script only as you programmed it? ;-)

In a second trial the -V was not necessary. So starting it with a "make dogdb"
prepared three windows and let the program wait at the beginning of the reset
vector. With a gdb cont-command the game starts.