Re: problem with Raster

From: glen e. p. ropella
Subject: Re: problem with Raster
Date: Mon, 10 Mar 1997 07:48:30 -0700

address@hidden writes:

 > On  6 Mar, Sven Thommesen wrote:
 > > This ol' bug report might be relevant ...
[...]
 > And I guess this ought to make it into the next release
 > too (should I include an official gepr [grin] here?)

Hey guys.

I had this in the code; but, for some reason, it was causing
the raster to grow without bound until the Xserver crashed.
(I say "it was causing" because after I took that fix back
out, one could, again, stretch the raster window without the
X server crashing.)  At the time, I had no idea why that would
happen.  We were using Tk 4.1 instead of 4.2; but, I seem to
remember it happening with all three Tk versions.  I just now
tried it on my linux box and it didn't crash, so I'm not sure
what's going on.

I'll put it back in and hope the other weirdness doesn't pop
back up.

glen