Normal Dist solved

From: Alessandro Perrone
Subject: Normal Dist solved
Date: Tue, 7 Jul 1998 14:44:38 +0200 (METDST)

Hi all
 I solved my previous problem with Normal Dist.
The method is
-alex {
int result;
int seed = 25699870;
id normalDR, randomGeneratorR;
randomGeneratorR = [PMMLCG1 create: globalZone setStateFromSeed: seed];

normalDR = [NormalDistribution create: globalZone
setGenerator:randomGeneratorR];
result =  [normalDR getSampleWithMean: 0 withVariance: 0.5];
printf (" Normal Value ---> %d\n ", result);
return self;

}

Is it right?
The only problem is that the result is ALWAYS 0!! sigh sigh sigh!!!
Any ideas?
                        ALEX