Re: Runtime Error :TkExtra(instance)

From: Faiz ul Haque Zeya
Subject: Re: Runtime Error :TkExtra(instance)
Date: Sat, 4 Jul 1998 09:25:09 +0500

I had Swarm-1.0.5 and then I downloaded Swarm-1.2 (source).
I run configure and then make it (without any error ). I then downloaded
swarmapps-1.2 make heatbugs . Till then there is no error .When running
heatbugs , I get that error .
I have the following
tcl7.6 in  /usr/local/tcl7.6    (in unix subdir i run configure , make and
make install )
tk4.2 in /usr/local/tk4.2 (in subdir ./tk4.2/unix i run configure , make and
make install )
blt2.3 in /usr/local/blt2.3 (I run configure , make and make install)
tcl7.5 in /usr/local/tcl7.5
tk4.1 in /usr/local/tk4.1
when i make install tcl and tk it installs the libs .
How do i set TCL_LIBRARY , TK_LIBRARY and BLT_LIBRARY so that heatbugs
(swarmapps-1.2)  will run without giving the error.
error:TkExtra (instance)
>version conflict for package "Tk" : have 4.1 , need 4.2
>     while executing
>"package require -exact Tk-4.2"
>  (file /root/swarm-1.0.5/lib/tk.tcl" line 16)
>        invoked from within
>"source /root/swarm-1.0.5/lib/tk.tcl"
>  ("uplevel " body line 1)
>     invoked from within
>"up level #0 source $i/tk-tcl"
>IOT trap /Abort (core dumped)
Is there any other variable to set for running apps-1.2 (heatbugs).

Faiz ul Haque Zeya                      address@hidden
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/LauchPad/9262/index.htm
Do not listen to the critics , do not even ignore them (Anonymous)