Re: NeuroLib with IRIX 6.5

From: Eric Werk
Subject: Re: NeuroLib with IRIX 6.5
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 13:04:49 +0100

Hi Jonathan,

Perhaps it has something to do with the order in which the various -L
are in the call to gcc? I've been muddling with it, and I've removed
everything (I think) that was not necessary in the call to gcc. I ended
up with this: (to compile SOMdemo)

gcc -O2 -L$SWARMHOME/lib -o SOMdemo SOMdemo.o CompLearning.o SOM.o
SOMplus.o Hebb.o Hebb2Layer.o BaseCompLrn.o CRNN.o BaseSingleLayer.o
neuron.o -lsimtools -lsimtoolsgui -ltkobjc -ltclobjc -lactivity -lrandom
-lobjectbase -lcollections -ldefobj -lmisc -lBLT -ltk8.0 -ltcl8.0 -lXpm
-lpng -lz -lffi -lX11 -lm -lobjc

I wish I had a better suggestion... Try it on your system, maybe it
works. If not, try inserting a "-L/usr/lib32" somewhere.

Now, if it works, then you somehow have to find out what the difference
was.

/Eric Werk

BTW: What is "libtool-swarm --mode link" supposed to do??