crossed ABIs

From: Jonathan Impett
Subject: crossed ABIs
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 1999 17:38:26 +0000

I've just got back to work to find several helpful suggestions as to an
-n32 problem I was having making the NeuroLib demos. I'm not quite sure
at what level it's best to fix the ABI, and just how to do it. I had
trouble when my original compilation of swarm didn't use the -n32
version of xpm, and found a way around with a link. Now something is
trying to link with the -o32 libc.so.1.
    Can anyone suggest a strategy. Is it something that should be set at
the environment level, a flag that gets set in swarm, or a flag that in
should give in the makefile or command line? (and - while you're there -
how do I express this desire?)
    Thanks,
    Jonathan

Jonathan Impett