Re: NeuroLib with IRIX 6.5

From: Jonathan Impett
Subject: Re: NeuroLib with IRIX 6.5
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 12:20:39 +0000

Hi,
    It compiled before; the libc -n32 problem was at linking.
    I tried your suggestion, and lo and behold, it makes the SOMdemo!
Sadly, running it is less rewarding. This is the story:

sg 8# gcc -O2 -L /usr/local/lib -o SOMdemo SOMdemo.o CompLearning.o
SOM.o
SOMplus.o Hebb.o Hebb2Layer.o BaseCompLrn.o CRNN.o BaseSingleLayer.o
neuron.o
-lsimtools -lsimtoolsgui -ltkobjc -ltclobjc -lactivity -lrandom
-lobjectbase
-lcollections -ldefobj -lmisc -lBLT -ltk8.0 -ltcl8.0 -lXpm -lpng -lz
-lffi
-lX11 -lm -lobjc
sg 9# ./SOMdemo
 1141:./SOMdemo: rld: Warning: Version Search Suppressed in ./SOMdemo
Because Object libffi.so in liblist has non-sgi interface version (2.0)
 1141:./SOMdemo: rld: Fatal Error: Cannot Successfully map soname
'libffi.so'
under any of the filenames
/usr/lib32/libffi.so:/usr/lib32/internal/libffi.so:
/lib32/libffi.so:/opt/lib32/libffi.so:
sg 10#

    I've tried "-L/usr/lib32" on the SWARMLDFLAGS line in
Makefile.common. Where else could it go? Maybe I need some macro that
just redirects calls to libc?
    Thanks,
    Jonathan

Jonathan Impett