Re: More problems with Suse 6.1 - Solved!

From: Alex Lancaster
Subject: Re: More problems with Suse 6.1 - Solved!
Date: 06 Jul 1999 15:09:50 -0600

B> 1) cd /usr/bin;ln -s gcc egcs

B> If you want to avoid step 1) for some reason you can also change
B> the Makefile.common in /usr/etc/swarm, setting CC=gcc (you can
B> leave OBJC = egcs).

MD> If a person really wants to try and wedge Redhat RPMs on to a Suse
MD> machine, I really urge them to do the latter instead.

What would be *really* nice is for one of you SuSE users out there, to
build SuSE-specific RPMs, that we can put up on the ftp site.

The RPMs built by Paul are intended to work on the Redhat distribution
*only*, and if they just happen to work on SuSE distributions, it's
purely fortuitious, and is not by design.  The packaging of the SuSE
distribution is close enough to Redhat in most of the fundamental base
packages respect, that things do sometimes happen to work, but you
shouldn't expect that this situation will always be the case.

Any takers?  <grin>

 --- Alex

--
  Alex Lancaster           |  e-mail: address@hidden