Re: Mapping float values to colors.

From: Ken Cline
Subject: Re: Mapping float values to colors.
Date: Thu, 29 Jul 1999 11:11:26 -0400 (EDT)

On Thu, 29 Jul 1999, Fabio Mascelloni wrote:

> ... The raster remains black and nothing seems to happen.

Some quick ideas: With our model, we have a terrain data
grid that's (been cropped to) 750 X 540.  With that many
pixels (on a 70 MHz, 96 MB, Sparc5) it takes minutes to
redraw the entire grid to the raster and before the first
update the raster is black.  (Needless to say, I never run
in "GUI" mode.)

A few well placed printf's should tell you immediately if
its a performance problem.  Otherwise, I would check that
the grid has the values you expect it to have. According to
your display setup, the values in the grid are divided by
512 to find their index into the color map, ie

> [cDisplay setDisplayMappingM: 512 C: 0];

You've probably already checked those things, but I thought
I'd mention them nonetheless.

Ken.

Ken Cline                             address@hidden
SAIC                                 VOICE (410) 571-0413
Annapolis, MD                          FAX (301) 261-8427