Problems with SuSE 6.2

From: Pau Fernandez Duran
Subject: Problems with SuSE 6.2
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 21:54:09 +0100 (CET)

Hi all,

I'm facing the same problems Benedikt encountered when linking swarm
programs which he mentiones in a message sent to swarm-support in July.
Essentially, the linker warns something like this

/usr/i486-linux/bin/ld:warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_CustomProbeMap' are not defined

But, instead of being able to run the application I get repeatedly
messages like

lt-heatbugs: Too many arguments
Try `lt-heatbugs --help' or `lt-heatbugs --usage' for more information.

The program, then, doesn't crash. It simply can't run at all. This must be
related to the fact that I've just upgraded from SuSE 6.0 to SuSE 6.2.
With SuSE 6.0 I just got trough all the steps (no RPMS) to install
swarm-2.0 and I had no problem (a bit lucky ;) ).

In fact, I've read and followed the steps Benedikt reported, with no
success. I've tried to reinstall swarm from the beggining but gcc didn't
want to compile (it crashed somewhere in the make process). I've tried to
follow those reported by Nigel Gilbert (e.g. removing Tcl7.6 and Tk4.2),
but I still've got the problem.

I'm really panicking now, couse I've got very good ant simulations which I
simply cannot run ! As Benedikt said, it MUST be something very STUPID.

Has anyone been through this sometime ?? After many hours I feel like
Matt Aylward, whom I quote exactly:

'aaaaarrrrrrrrrhhhhhhhhhggggggggggAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHGGG!!!!!!!!!!!!'

Pleeeeease, Heeeeeeeeeeeelp !

And, of course, thankx to everyone !