Re: "Too many arguments", SuSE 6.2

From: Matt Aylward
Subject: Re: "Too many arguments", SuSE 6.2
Date: Thu, 25 Nov 1999 14:21:16 +0800

On Thu, 25 Nov 1999, you wrote:

Marcus G. Daniels: >You probably don't have Emacs 20.4, and/or you're trying to
build in the
Marcus G. Daniels: >the srcdir.  To build the 2.0.1, use the --srcdir option
(or else
Marcus G. Daniels: >get a current snapshot).

Is emacs needed for Swarm now? I use vim rather than emacs so I often do not
install it on my system.
I installed emacs20.4.0pre44.5 from suse, picked up the snapshot
swarm-1999-11-21.tar.gz, configured in ~/src/swarm/swarm-build with
--srcdir=~/src/swarm/swarm-1999-11-21.

gcc is 2.95.1 compiled from source, tcl8.2.1, tk8.2.1, blt2.4j

I managed to get swarm compiled OK. My model compiled with a mass of errors
of the type:
/usr/bin/ld: warning: type and size of dynamic symbol
`__objc_class_name_Int2dFiler' are not defined

Then, when I run the app I found two problems.
1. many errors as above on startup.
2. Segfault after 11 timesteps.

This is the first time this app has been run on 2.0.1, it was written on 1.3
and 1.4.

At least I'm moving in the right direction.

Thanks,
Matt

--
      Matt Aylward <address@hidden>
Deptartment of Botany, University of Western Australia