"Too many arguments", SuSE 6.2

From: Matt Aylward
Subject: "Too many arguments", SuSE 6.2
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 1999 12:24:43 +0800

Greetings all,
I am rebuilding my swarm system on SuSE 6.2 on two machines after the loss
of a hard drive, and a system update.

Computer 1.
Swarm source and my model (sg3) compiles OK, but on execution I get a "Too
many arguments", try ./sg3 --help or ./sg3 --usage.
I am passing no arguments on the command line. I have seen a reference to
this error on the mailing list but the solution was to recompile swarm, which
I have done.
Any ideas where how to deal with this problem.

and..
Computer 2.
During the compilation of swarm, the compilation stalls at the following
point:
creating libswarm.la
(cd .libs && rm -f libswarm.la && ln -s ../libswarm.la libswarm.la)
make[3]: Leaving directory `/home/matt/src/swarm/swarm-2.0.1/src'
make[2]: Leaving directory `/home/matt/src/swarm/swarm-2.0.1/src'
Making all in java
make[2]: Entering directory `/home/matt/src/swarm/swarm-2.0.1/java'
make -C c all
make[3]: Entering directory `/home/matt/src/swarm/swarm-2.0.1/java/c'
cat  > defobj_stubs.m
it sits at this point for hours without any error message??

Any suggestions would be very welcome.
Thanks,
Matt

--
      Matt Aylward <address@hidden>
Deptartment of Botany, University of Western Australia