Development environment (Final)

From: Murat Yildizoglu
Subject: Development environment (Final)
Date: Mon, 10 Jan 2000 10:41:11 +0100

Thank you very much to all of you who have given their opinion for
the choice of a development environment for ObjC under MSWindows.

As a result of this discussion, I have finally chosen to learn ObjC
and use Xemacs as a programming environment.

For the first part of my choice, I prefer, at least for the
beginning, to limit the complexity by not combining the learning of
Swarm with the management of the java interface. Later, if I become
"proficient" in Swarm, I will probably explore again the Java
interface.

For the second part (concerning Xemacs), I was quite puzzled by the
my impression of the logic of emacs but I have discovered that this
is the most powerful editor I have never seen and it is very open to
customization. It has just a very steep learning curve for the
beginner.

Thank you very much again. I will probably bother you in the future
with questions more directly connected to programming in Swarm.

Very cordially,

Murat Yildizoglu
BETA-Theme
(UMR 7522 - CNRS)