Re: compiling swarm-2.1.1 on slackware 7.1

From: Noriel Christopher C. Tiglao
Subject: Re: compiling swarm-2.1.1 on slackware 7.1
Date: Thu, 28 Sep 2000 20:35:02 +0900

Thank you for your support. I have finally installed swarm-2.1.1 running on my
machine.

I stuck with tcl8.2.3 and tk8.2.3 distributed on the swarm ftp server. The
compile
errors seemed
to be generated from possible incompabilities with the tcl8.3.1 and tk8.3.1
that came
with
slackware 7.1. What is did was to completely remove the tcl/tk packages from
slackware
and
the compile errors were gone, and the distribution ran ok.

As a final request reagarding my installation on slackware 7.1, I would like to
ask
where I can
get hold of a jikes-0.47? (as this is the only version supported by swarm up to
now).
The
alphaworks.ibm.com doesn't seem to have them. It is my intention to try to add
java
compile support on my machine.

Thanks and good day to all!

--