Re: [Swarm-Support] Help getting started

From: Steve Railsback
Subject: Re: [Swarm-Support] Help getting started
Date: Thu, 03 Apr 2008 08:14:23 -0700

address@hidden wrote:
Hello to all members of the support list,
I'm just getting started with swarm and I am totally confused. I can't even figure out what exactly I have to download/install. Can anyone tell me some clear step by step instructions for installing it?

Hi-

If you are completely new to Swarm, it would help to read some of the "getting started" material here: http://www.swarm.org/index.php?title=Swarm_main_page to learn about what Swarm is, how Swarm models are organized, etc.

What you need to download and install depends on your operating system. If it is Windows, instructions are here:
http://www.swarm.org/index.php?title=Swarm:_stable_release#Windows_binaries

with more detail in the Swarm FAQ:
http://www.swarm.org/index.php?title=Windows_binary_notes

After you've installed Swarm, you might download and run some example applications:
http://www.swarm.org/index.php?title=Swarm:_applications